The first year of your newborn’s life is a time of rapid growth and development which is monitored and enriched at each wellness visit. Social, emotional, and developmental wellbeing principles are introduced and reinforced at each appointment. At P&AM, we can ensure that your newborn or child receives exceptional care entrusted into the hands of our many capable physicians and health professionals. We are dedicated to providing newborn and pediatric care that is best for your child’s health and wellbeing. The services we provide for your child support and aid your child’s development and growth as they grow from infancy to childhood. Services that we may provide care for include but are not limited to acute illness, ADD/ADHD, developmental issues, immunizations, newborn care, well-baby exams (including measurements, head-to-toe physical exam, development), and well-child exams.
Adolescent health encompasses an essential transition from childhood to adulthood. During this transition, adolescents establish patterns of behavior and make lifestyle choices that affect both their current and future health. It is our goal as your Family Medicine Provider to assist the adolescent during this transition phase by offering education, medical support, and resources. Some important areas to address are:
- General physical health & Nutrition: physicals, immunizations, well child exams, treatment of minor illnesses & injuries, assessment & treatment of eating disorders and nutritional concerns
- Mental health & substance abuse: coping skills, stress management, drug & alcohol usage education
- Sexual health: pubertal development, sexual identity, STDs & HIV education, sexuality education, contraception, menstrual health
- Violence: offenders and victims of bullying, psychosocial health, health & safety issues
- Dermatologic health: acne, skin conditions, warts, eczema, burns
- ADD/ADHD: mental & emotional well-being, severity, prevalence, difficulty learning, understanding, or paying attention, medication
At P&AM, we provide continuing and comprehensive health care, including most preventive, diagnostic and therapeutic services for a wide array of acute and chronic problems. As family physicians, we are dedicated to treating the whole person. Family medicine’s cornerstone is an ongoing, personal patient-physician relationship focusing on integrated care. Unlike other specialties that are limited to a particular organ, disease, age or sex, family medicine integrates care patient information for both genders across a wide spectrum of ages of within the context of community and advocates for the patient in an increasingly complex health care system.